Saturday, April 23, 2011

Sydney Writers' Centre Best Blogs update

Well, well, it seems as though I'm a finalist! Well, this blog is a finalist - in the Words/Writing category of the Sydney Writers' Centre Best Blogs 2011 competition: http://www.sydneywriterscentre.com.au/bloggingcomp/enter.html#words
Apparently I am able to download some HTML code thingy to this site regarding this award but it may stretch my technical capabilities a bit far ... I'll give it a whirl though.

Thank you so much to those who voted in the People's Choice Award, too.

And now, a request: does anyone have any questions or requests? I haven't been posting much lately because it's been All Quiet on the Question Front. But I'm also happy to just write about non-question-related stuff if anyone has a request - about the publishing industry, about agents and agenting, about writing ... Anything! Try me!

2 comments:

Louise Curtis said...

In my opinion, the wave of YA vampires is collapsing into seafoam and air (boy wizards are LONG gone), but the wave of YA steampunk is building. I also think it's higher in America than anywhere else - which means Australia will love it more and more over the coming months and years.

Although it's never wise to follow a current trend (because you'll finish that book when the trend has just been tapped out), what trends are you seeing and/or liking lately?

Louise Curtis

Sean Thomas Fisher said...

Congratulations on making the finals! That's awesome.

In your opinion, where is the demand for the horror genre market on a scale of 1 to 10 today, and why hasn't there been another horror author to even come close to achieving the staggering heights of Stephen King in the 1980s?

Thanks for doing this and good luck in the finals!